January 07, 2004 :: and another thing

OK, another minor rant. What's up with black people who don't eat pork? It's like the only thing the black community as a whole absorbed from the passing fad of NOI popularity was the "don't eat flesh of the pig" thing. I can respect people who don't eat pork because they are practicing Muslims. I can respect people who don't eat pork because they are practicing vegetarians. I can respect people who don't eat pork because they don't like it. But those people who don't eat pork and who can't explain why, they really annoy me. I'm going to fry up my bacon, and I'm going to eat it, and it's going to be good. You reminding me that you don't eat pork every time I say that I am going to eat some just makes me feel pity for your loss mixed in with the annoyance.