December 12, 2003 :: Reverse beer goggles

I got drunk last night. Nice and toasty. Went to two parties; one was a corporate shindig, with open bar (always a bad sign) where I got a few vodka martinis, and then another party at which my friends were buying shots of tequila. I was past where I should have been. Not "nice", not "buzzing", but beyond that into "toasted and wobbly." That judgment thing, I tell ya....

And yet, strangely enough, I was popular! More women than usual were eager to strike up conversation with me. I don't think you understand... I was at the point where it hurt my head to attempt coherent conversation, and yet they were all over me. I can't possibly imagine how this is attractive, but there they were.

This has happened before, so it's not just a fluke. So I'm working on a couple of theories here.

1) They are more drunk than they appear (because my own judgment is compromised, so I can't judge how drunk they are) and they view me through their own beer goggles.

2) I somehow become witty and dynamic when my tongue is loosened to the point of slurring.

I woke up at 5:00 in the morning today with a nice headache, nausea, and unquenchable thirst for water, despite drinking a good 30 ounces before I went to bed. Went back to sleep, couldn't get up for work. Needless to say, I won't be conducting thorough experiments of this phenomenon.

Your crackpot theories are welcome!