November 03, 2005 :: Addiction

[it's] a light bulb with eleventy million volts
and I'm just a moth
- Jay-Z


I have another confession to make. I'm addicted to Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I swear, there's something in it that makes it impossible to put down. I'm not otherwise addicted to anything related to it; I don't care for cinnamon rolls too much, not even when Cinnabon was the craze. Toast is ok, even toast with cinnamon on it, but I'm not crazy about it. I like some sweet things but I'm not lost without them... really I prefer savory foods, with meat in em. But for some reason, Cinnamon Toast Crunch has a hold on me. I can't just have one bowl, I've got to have more. I checked the label for addictin, heroin, and anything else that could have me strung out - no dice.

I bet that secret ingredient is locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Whatever it is, it's got a hold on me. I try not to buy it, but then when I walk past it in the grocery store and it's on sale, I get the shakes. And it's been on sale a lot lately. The head of the CTC brand at General Mills probably drives a BMW with gold trim all over it, just like the pushers in the 80s and early 90s. I feel so cracked out. Maybe I should find a rehab plan that takes cereal addicts.