October 03, 2005 :: Caught

I got caught yesterday, doing something that was ghetto. I probably should be ashamed, but I really wasn't... and if I was, I probably wouldn't have been ghetto in the first place.

Yesterday, I decided to give my car its bi-annual rubdown. I gave it a good hand wash, then went back with the cleaner/polish/wax to get the deep road grime out and give it a good shine. I'm annoyed that people constantly find new ways to ding my car, and its never near an old ding, it's always in a completely new place, so the dings quickly surrounded the car. Just last week, somebody scraped up the ROOF and the top of the left rear panel by the trunk. Who the hell was putting stuff on TOP of my car, I do not know, but I was pissed. Anyway, I digress. The point is, my hands were good and dried out after I was done and had washed them off.

After I finished that, I needed to go to the grocery store, and I wanted to go before it got late. So I hopped in the car and went to the store. On the way there, I realized I badly needed lotion. My hands were so dry, the skin was actually starting to hurt. So once I was in the store, I weaved through a few aisles, and then when I got to the health and beauty aisle, I looked around to make sure no one was looking, grabbed a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care for Extra Dry Skin, squirted some on my hand, and then started rubbing it in. Aahhhh.

As I walked back to my cart and turned the corner to go around a display, I ran into a brotha who was restocking another part of the aisle. He saw me rubbing lotion in, with no lotion bottles in my hand or in my cart, and just shook his head.

Now, I have seen many more ghetto things transpire in that particular Giant. It's the one on Rhode Island Ave, right next to some rather large projects, so you know who all is up in there. But I guess this is the first time I have directly contributed to its ghettoness.

I did go back and grab the bottle of lotion and put it in my cart, because I realized I needed to buy it anyway. So maybe that absolves me a little bit.