December 09, 2004 :: Faux bling: Hardball

The subject:
I discovered a site today... www.icedoutgear.com. They sell cut-rate iced-out bling, stuff like this:



The case for faux bling:
...for the low, low price of $14.95! Order now and get 3 for 10% off! Every pendant comes with a 30" chain FREE! Never mind that the damn thing is plated with rhodium (what the hell is that???) and will probably rub off in 3 sweaty trips to the club (and I'm still unsure if it will make my finger turn green or cause me to be unable to father children). Its CHEAP! You can keep up with the Little Johns and the G-Units and still save for those rims for your car, or maybe just maybe a better crib! You can buy the real Nike Air Force Ones instead of the cheaper yet deceptively similar Ace '83s. What player wouldn't want to make his cash stretch a little farther? And isn't it worth it to catch the ladies' eyes? Doesn't matter if it's fake... once she's looking your way, that's when game kicks in.

The case against faux bling:
God, the whole bling thing is so stupid. I wish it was over already!

The conclusion:
I may have to "invest" about $100 in this stuff to conduct some scientific experiments on the actual effect that "bling" has in various clubs on looks, approaches, getting numbers. Not that I would seriously entertain magpies, but you understand, it's a sacrifice in the name of science!