December 08, 2004 :: Cradle robbery

OK, I have been forced to admit it: I am dating a 19 year old. This realization has come to me through a long and circuitous route. I met her almost a year ago, at a rather grungy club which shall remain nameless. She told me she was 22 or 23 (I don't remember), which at the time was still quite young but not undate-ably young. She was (and is) ridiculously cute, and affectionate, and a little bit ghetto, and things were ok. Then I found out she lied about her age, and how old she really was, and I freaked out. Stopped calling her, about six months ago.

She resurfaced a few days ago, and due to a circumstance I'm not going to explain here, she ended up spending the night with me. After we spent the next morning together and I was taking her home, I came to realize that she has given me none of the grief that I get from the other women I've dated here... no games, no agenda, no baggage, no stress. I thought at first she was looking for a sugar daddy, but she doesn't seem to want much from me besides being in my presence and the occasional T-bone & eggs from IHOP. I know this relationship cannot really go anywhere, but I am hard pressed to think of any reason NOT to date her besides her age. My friends (surprisingly) have been almost uniformly in favor of continuing to date her... in the words of my most feminist friend "she's grown". I can't help but to feel a little bit R-Kellyish though, especially now that I have joined the 30+ club. I think she's also quite a bit more mature than I was at 19.

So I'm in a bit of a quandary. It doesn't help that she's cute, she's fine, the sex ummmmmmmmm yeah.... and she's nice to boot. Maybe I'll just join the R-Kelly club too.