June 16, 2005 :: Unfathomable crimes

Check out this article about a man who may have molested literally thousands of kids. I guess child molestation issues are inadvertently a recent theme in my blog, but I just could not pass this one up.

They say this man molested 36,000 kids. That alone is incomprehensible.

But then he kept detailed records of each and every time he did it?

I am no psychology expert, and I couldn't even pretend to understand the pathology at work here. Some people will say he recorded things because he subconsciously wanted to be caught (as they said about R. Kelly). I think, though, when they crack the encryption on that server, they'll see that no one uses that kind of encryption if they want to be caught. This is just a sick, sick man. And that is my professional diagnosis.

Makes me wonder, though, if a whole lot of the girls and boys that are being molested and abused (1 in 4 for girls, 1 in 6 for boys) are all being targeted by a small minority of molesters.