August 31, 2004 :: Fever dream

I've been told I am a pessimist. Maybe that's accurate. I tend to think most people are pessimists. It's certainly borne out by situational surveys across the completely nonrandom unscientifically selected group of people I call my friends. I suppose that, as a pessimist, I view the majority of my life as a struggle to achieve that which always seems to eludes me.

Those of you who I talk to on a frequent basis know that for the past 3 weeks or so, I've been in a feverish dream state. For that short period of time, my life was upended, transformed, however you would like to describe it. It felt different, that's for sure. It was almost unfamiliar. I was happy, for a brief moment or two. I don't know who I was, but I wasn't me.

That's all over now, I'm back to being the surly yet lovable curmodgeon you've all come to know. Did you miss me?


p.s. Nutri-Grain vanilla yogurt bars taste like whole grain Twinkies. try one...