February 23, 2004 :: Brownian thoughts

Memorandum
To: All single black women
Subject: Dos and Don'ts
When on a date with a black man, especially an early date, don't complain in bitter tone about the dearth of black love and how black men always choose white women, unless you actually desire to see that outcome. Don't decide that if you are upset, clamming up is the right thing to do. Do say thank you when he drops you off at your house, even though you'll probably never see him again.

Memorandum
To: Self
Subject: How old am I again?
I'm almost 30. I went to a house party this weekend, with some other people who are around my age group, as well as a few that were younger. The party was broken up and ended because two guys started fighting. I'm too old for this shit!

Memorandum
To: Self
Subject: How old is she again?
Must do due diligence regarding age checks. She said she was 22, now she says she's 19. Those with experience tell me she's probably 17, based on that. I'm frightened, and I feel old.

Memorandom
To: Uncertified tax preparer
Subject: Reminder
Please call me and remind me to gather my documents to take to work and copy on the photocopier. Thanks!