April 16, 2004 :: more ramblings

I've been harassed by several friends for leaving you all blogless for so many days. I guess you could say I've finally been guilted into writing something. my apologies if the entertainment value is below its usual standards.

» I was reunited with a long lost friend last night. I (with some others) hosted a happy hour here in DC, and one of my friends that I met at the same time out in California as an intern many many moons ago brought her. I hadn't seen said long lost friend in three years, and she was on my list of "people I'll probably never see again". The thrill of the surprise and the ensuing bout of reminiscence more than made up for the irritation I felt at more than half of my invited friends flaking on the happy hour.

» I haven't been out to a club on a weekend for almost 3 weeks now. this is some kind of record for me. I'm about to blow it tomorrow night though... taking some people out to 18th St Lounge (owned by the Thievery Corporation, and possibly one of the coolest lounges on the planet). I have noticed a shift in my nightlife behavior though, driven by two things... my self-auditing of my spending this month, down to the fingernails, is making me extra-conscious of how I spend my money, and the fact because I am all stuck on ONE person for a change (more on that below), I don't have nearly as much of a desire to go out and meet new people. This could all be a good thing, or a temporary anomaly... we'll find out.

» yes, I'm stuck on one person. the good news: she seems to like me back. the bad news: she's about 120 miles away. I don't know what I'm going to do about this, given my longstanding policy against long distance relationships.. yet that's not so far that I can't drive up for the day now and then, as I already have done. but it ain't goin anywhere yet, so don't hold your breath.

» its finally going to hit 80 degrees here, supposedly Sunday, supposedly to stay. no more days where the high is 48 degrees and pouring rain... now we'll get warm spring & summer rains. and cicadas. Lovely!